Indirect Evaporative Freecooling Unit
The Highly Efficient Indirect Evaporative Freecooling Unit
The Liebert® EFC indirect evaporative cooling system is equipped with the most advanced industry technology, including indirect air-to-air heat exchange and evaporative cooling technology all in one footprint, ensuring top energy efficiency and minimized operating costs.
The Liebert EFC is capable of reducing air temperatures by leveraging on the evaporative cooling principle. The process involves the evaporation of pressurized water which cools the surrounding air. Through this technology, the unit can thus achieve pPUE levels of 1.03, ensuring minimum power input and reduced CO2 emissions.
Liebert EFC operates in different functioning modes according to the external air conditions. Its integrated chilled water coil or direct expansion compressors ensure the unit's operation even in climates characterized by extreme humidity levels or severe temperature peaks.
Furthermore, Liebert EFC delivers substantial reductions and savings in terms of electrical infrastructure and equipment. With the unit being installed externally, the internal white space is reduced to a minimum ensuring ease of system installation and maintenance. All of these features significantly reduce data center TCO.
- Integrated Chilled Water Coil or Direct Expansion System - These technologies ensure the unit's operation even in climates characterized by extreme humidity levels or severe temperature peaks.
- New iCOM® Control - Ensures high level management of the units to work together as a single system, thus optimizing room temperature and airflow. Furthermore, it features a new 7” touch screen display for quicker and easier data readability.
- Eurovent Certified Heat Exchanger - Eurovent certification guarantees that Liebert® EFC heat exchangers undergo independent testing, thus delivering rating accuracy and enhancing the unit's reliability.
- Liebert® EC Fan - The new generation of fans installed in the Liebert EFC ensures silent operation and increases the overall efficiency of the unit.
- SmartAisle™ Control Logic - Optimizes internal air volumes and temperature according to specific server needs, ensuring that not a single Watt is wasted.
- Evaporative cooling extends indirect freecooling operation all year round.
- Each unit is independent from one another, ensuring maximized availability and efficiency.
- Internal white space is reduced to a minimum, as the unit is installed externally.
- Simplified installation: easier management of power cabling, pipes and water, not needed inside the white space. Downsizing of the electrical infrastructure allows savings in CAPEX of 6-8%.
- Achieves pPUE levels in the range of 1.03 – 1.08.